How to Enter a Quilt for Bennington Quiltfest
Rules of Entry
- Entries are limited to the first 140 received by the deadline and must not have been shown at a previous Bennington Quiltfest. Deadline for quilt entry is August 1, 2018
- Use a separate Entry Form for each item (photocopies OK).
- A non-refundable entry fee of $3.00 per quilt for QVQ Guild members or $5.00 per quilt for non-Guild members must accompany the Entry Form. Up to two quilts made by a youth under 18 may be entered at no charge. Make check payable to: Quiet Valley Quilters Guild
- Either (a) provide your email address and the registration forms will be emailed to you
Or (b) Include a LARGE, Business-Size Self-Addressed, Stamped Envelope with the entry form and we will mail your confirmation form(s) to you. If you have several entries, include extra postage on your SASE.
- With the exception of miniatures and youth quilts (unless they are full size), each quilt that is more than 30″ wide must be ready for hanging with a six-inch sleeve attached to the top of the back.
- The entrant’s name must be sewn to or marked on the quilt.
- Maximum insurance value covered by the show is $1000. The entrant is responsible for coverage above that amount.
- Quilts sold during the show must remain on display until the show closes. The Guild retains 10% of the sale price.
- No entry will be taken down before the end of the show. No item will be returned to its owner until all entries are down and ready for return on Sunday. Entries may be shipped back if postage is provided in advance.
Send Entry Form and Entry Fee to:
BQF, P. O. Box 4082, Bennington, VT 05201
Attention: Judith Smith
You will receive a Registration Confirmation. The number assigned to your entry will be shown on your confirmation. Pin the numbers with a safety pin to the front bottom right-hand corner of the quilt. Do not cut the numbers. See below for an example….
001 001 (Pin with Safety Pin to the right of the numbers)
Quilts should be delivered to the Second Congregational Church, Hillside Street, Bennington, VT, on:
- Saturday, September 8, 9:00-12:00
- or, Wednesday, September 12, 12:00-4:00
You will receive a receipt on delivery.
Shipping (Quilt must be received by 9/8/2018)
- Ship the quilt in a sturdy CLEAR plastic bag inside a strong box. Mark both the bag and the box with your assigned Show Category Number.
- Send quilt to: Judith Smith, 2145 Mason Hill Road South, Pownal, VT 05261
- If the quilt is to be shipped back to you, you must include the return postage and a label.
- If you are picking up your quilt, you will be sent a receipt.
- Pick up quilts at 4:45 pm on Sunday, September 16, at Mount Anthony Union Middle School.
Questions? Contact Judith Smith at (802) 823-4631. You can also email her.
Although Bennington Quiltfest no longer issues complimentary tickets to entrants, any non-member of the Quiet Valley Quilt Guild who volunteers for a two-hour period during the quilt show will be given free admission to the show. Click here to schedule a time with the Volunteer Coordinator.